Your community gathering place for Early Childhood Educators and all who care about children
It’s an exciting time for the CCCF and our Canadian ECE community! This week Minister Chrystia Freeland presented Canada’s federal fall economic update for ELCC, which included expanding funding to build a national child care system. There’s cause for optimism, perhaps change is at hand.
We’ve also undergoing big changes! Under the creative and technical stewardship of Kadima Digital, CCCF has launched a new dynamic website. This is how we can connect with you more meaningfully. This is where we collaborate, share knowledge, improve our practice and inspire each other to be our best. This means we are here for you even more — to connect you to the expertise you need for your profession with articles, news, research, stories and conversations from, and about, ECEs. And this means we can all do more of what we do best — provide the best quality child care for children and families to make the world a better place.
The first of its kind for our organization, the new website is a data driven, SEO optimized, online content presence—with global interactive features for optimum community collaboration. Welcome to your bigger, more connected Early Learning and Child Care community.
On our new site, you’re invited and encouraged to:
- Join us for interactive webinars. Our members can rewatch them any time
- Explore our growing collection of articles for ECEs and articles for families. There’s a lot more coming!
- Join the conversation in our Hot Topics section (and don’t forget our Facebook Group)
- Find the ECE data that’s useful to you in your province or territory on our brand new ECE map page
- Find useful information for every stage of your career on our ECE Journey page
We hope you’ll explore features like:
- Enjoy our brand new book review section (we’re just starting out). Is there a book you’d like to see featured?
- Take one of the many courses offered by the CCCF and our partner organizations
- Meet some of our CCCF members; it was our pleasure to meet so many of you
- Help us advocate for quality child care for all on our brand new advocacy page
- Keep up with things like Events – We also have a new CCCF News section
We also thought we’d try to make our membership more valuable to those who help support our mission. This isn’t a sales pitch, we’re simply going to let you explore our all new membership benefits when you have a minute. We’re very excited for the new ECONOCOOP program, designed to save you money on everything you already purchase for your ELCC program. We know members will get tremendous value out of that as the membership pays for itself.
This journey started more than three years ago. CCCF contracted with Bramm and Associates to conduct surveys and host a few pan-Canadian focus groups with CCCF (and its affiliate) members across Canada. This knowledge and data led to an in-person session, facilitated by former CCCF Executive Director Sandra Griffin and with the support of Ink Agency, to create an important strategic brief. This brief is a foundational document providing the focus, purpose and background for creation of the new CCCF website and furthered our work with Kadima Digital. Taken collectively, we created a solid foundation of evidence and data to support our new direction.
CCCF also wants to introduce you to our new logo, corporate image and corporate colours. After 33 years we kind of needed to update our look. Like it? We do.
You’ll also see more frequent editorial replacing CCCF’s Interaction magazine with current articles, research and news posts for and by CCCF members and Canada’s ELCC sector. We’ll be engaging you more regularly via online platforms, webinars, live chats, and online courses for professional development to enhance your ELCC practice and career journey.
Here’s to staying in touch!